Friday, April 26, 2013

More Gulf Wars Pictures! 2013 edition



This year, Natalie and I were joined by Brittany, a new SCA convert. :-D I downsized and remade my last year's blue silk Venetian for her. I didn't really wear it anymore, mostly because the shoulders were cut funny, the lacing gap was really narrow, and it was made to go over one of my early sets of stays that don't fit quite right. My patterning skills have improved since then! But it looks lovely on Brittany. She's much smaller than me. So I reduced the skirt from 4 panels to 3, and used the extra fabric to make a new bodice. I also re-used the lacing rings from the old gown - I just cut them out in a strip, and sewed them to the inside of the new bodice. I cut the poof off of the old sleeves and re-attached them. I wasn't sure I liked the poof anyways.

Natalie is again wearing her copper silk venetian from last year.



I also made Brittany a bliaut - the first I've attempted. It's made completely with a rectangular construction method, and the pattern was created from her measurements and the Elizabethan Smock Pattern Generator. It's really a lot of help when your costuming for people a couple of thousand miles away. I' didn't get any pictures of her in it by herself, but here she and Natalie are, being lovely. She wove the trim for her necklace and belt herself!



And lastly, another fauxhardie.



They match!



Brittany and Natalie got to play with hawks again, like Natalie and I did last year!



I had so much fun with these two. Natalie, thanks for hanging out with me and driving me around! And Brittany, welcome to the SCA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment